Monday, March 28, 2011

Mini Mudcakes for Miss A!

A little while ago I was asked to bake a cake for a friend's 18th Birthday. After humming and harring over what to bake the Birthday Girl I decided I should stick to what I know, and what I know is Cupcakes! I thought that for this special occasion plain old sponge would not cut it and so began my search for the perfect Chocolate Mud Cake! After a couple of semi-successful attempts (and then the combining of two recipes with some minor tweaks) I found it! It is perfectly rich and chocolatey and easy to make! But before the baking of cupcakes could begin I had to decide how I would like to decorate them!

After getting some decorating inspiration and a failed attempt at Fondant Butterflies, I created some cute mauve and violet flowers and an awful amount of MESS!












No comments:

Post a Comment